This was how the story was told - Wednesday, August 25, 2010




Today, just for the convenience of it
i went to visit my toddler cousin
we played, laughed, giggled
when it struck me that
it's been a really really long time
since i had that much fun

Once in awhile I act like a child to feel like a kid again
It gets like a prison in the body I'm living in
Cause everyone's watching and quick to start talking
I'm losing my innocence
Wish I were a little girl without the weight of the world

It seems that after growing up
hugs were no longer meant for grandparents
and love meant buying something
why can't it be time well spent together

CHORUS
It would be nice to start over again
Before we were men
I'd give, I'd bend, lets play pretend

Since when
did time become too little to spend
with family and relatives
from when did being happy seem
so far away

Remember the times we had soda for wine
And we got by on gratitude
The worst they could do to you was check your attitude
Yeah when fights were for fun, with water in guns,
And a place we could call our own
How we lost hold of home I guess Ill never know

I would like it very much to go back
to having simple pleasures
to being able to laugh just because.
Smiling with others just for.
Hugging just to love.

CHORUS
And when its the end,
Our lives will make sense
Well love, well bend, lets play pretend
It's not going to be long before were all gone with nothing to show for them
Stop taking lives, come on lets all grow up again

but oh well..
i suppose i'm as childish as they get
all my friends already do say that
i'm slightly overly cheery.
I suppose that once upon a time
can only be renewed
with children the age of my heart.